What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Great customer service from Lightspeed Aviation!

Brantel

Well Known Member
So a few days after posting about the fact that my Lightspeed Aviation Zulu's control box was turning to goo, I got a call from a nice person at Lightspeed.

This lady took the time to find my phone number somehow and to contact me and offer to repair my 7.5 year old headsets free of charge including return shipping.

Just got them back today and they look great. The entire control box and all the cables were replaced!

Amazing customer service!

that is amazing, I have a lightspeed unit I need to send back, the microphone won't stay "up" and the cord to the control box is fraying, which I understand is something that has happened to others

it's my favorite headset (other than my PFX) and my passengers regularly prefer it over the Bose X which is the other headset in my rear passenger area

I had occasion to be standing next to a man wearing a Lightspeed shirt at AirVenture one year and told him that his company had THE best customer service. I then asked him what he did there, and he said, "I'm the president."

I've had the privilege of working with Lightspeed on some projects, have bought a few of their headsets over time, and live just down the road. I can honestly say, without hesitation, that they have the best people, culture and philosophy around customer service. Great company!

Same sort of thing happened to me...

A couple of years ago I called Lightspeed about a 10 year old headset. I had some batteries leak in the control box (my own fault for leaving them in there), and when I was cleaning up the corrosion I broke the mono/stereo switch. All I wanted to know was if they could tell me if it was a commonly sourced switch and if they could give me a part number so that I could fix it myself. Instead they gave me a RMA number and fixed it for me. And when I say "fixed", I'm pretty sure they replaced the entire control box with a new one... on a headset that was damaged by my own fault and years out of warranty.

I can't say enough good stuff about their customer service!

I have a Lightspeed wireless headset approx. 1 year old with no more than 25 hours on it. A little disappointed with the quality of the ear seals, they literally
fell apart, IMHO not up to par for a high dollar headset.
Haven't contacted Lightspeed, probably considered a wear item?
Dick

Zulu Goo

I had the same problem with my Zulu case turning to goo and when I called them they said it would be $100 to fix it.

The lady did tell me that I could remove the "goo" with denatured alcohol so I bought some and removed it without much work. Now they are just shiny plastic but no goo to deal with.

I am on my 4th Lightspeed headset. I am very happy with the products in general. However, I just sent my Zulu 2 in because of a short in the speaker on one side. They took almost a month to fix it and return it. Never had such slow service from them before. This is my regular work headset, so having it gone so long was an issue. Luckily I borrowed another one locally. Not saying I won't buy another one, but won't hesitate to look at alternatives.

I had the same problem with my Zulu case turning to goo and when I called them they said it would be $100 to fix it.

Zulu II. Case gooey, split wire sheath, first and second sets of OEM ear cup leather gone to pieces in six months each, shedding black stuff everywhere. My third Lightspeed, but I was turned away ("Sorry") at the Oshkosh tent when I asked about replacement ear cups. Final straw. I bought aftermarket ear cups, which have lasted many times longer. Bought new headsets elsewhere for Patti and I, and use the Zulu for guests...after rubbing off all the goo.

Same story with different ending

The lady did tell me that I could remove the "goo" with denatured alcohol so I bought some and removed it without much work. Now they are just shiny plastic but no goo to deal with.

Sometime ago I spoke with Lightspeed about the sticky battery holder and got the $100 answer. While at Airventure last summer I spoke with Lightspeed again. They told me to send it in and they would replace the cord and the battery holder for free. Got it back a few weeks ago. Hats off to Lightspeed...

I've got 3 Lightspeeds. A Zulu 2, Tango wireless, and the new Zulu 3. I looked at several headsets at OSH this year because I wanted another one for passengers. That's when I bought the Zulu 3. I like the Lightspeeds.

Back