What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Temp hanger space near Minneapolis after Oshkosh

BJohnson

Well Known Member
I need to hanger my plane somewhere near Minneapolis for about a week after Oshkosh 2019 so I can drive back home with my family. Any recommendations on good options would be appreciated.

Temp Hangar

I have space in a 54X48 box hangar at Faribault, MN (FBL) which is 3 miles south outside of the Minneapolis Class B airspace. The hangar has my RV6 in it but is otherwise empty...this means I could put about 6 more 2 place RV's in there. It has good lighting and electric with concrete floor but no heating or cooling with a 48' overhead bifold door. It seals well to the weather

FBL is about 250 miles west of OSH. You are welcome to store your RV9 there if you wish. Be advised that the airport was hit by multiple tornado's this past fall which destroyed 13 private hangars, many aircraft, the main City hangar, and damaged most city owned rental Tee hangars. Fortunately, my hangar was not even scratched which only a few occupants can say. While the runways and taxiways are functioning as normal, fuel is a problem now but should be resolved soon. The airport is located very near a ramp to Interstate 35 and is about a 30 minute drive to the South metro Twin Cities area.

Dick DeCramer
RV6 N500DD flying
RV8 sold
Email rv6n500dd at gmail dot com
Faribault, MN

Thank You

Dick, Thanks for the offer! I will email you to follow up. I actually stopped in Faribault both ways the last time I flew to Oshkosh. It was a very nice airport and a great stopping place to fuel up and go direct to KOSH. It is sad news about the tornado. Hope things get up and running this spring.

I was hoping for something closer to the Minneapolis airport, but is there a shuttle I can take that runs through town?

Back