What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

CNC Instrument Panel

RV6_OKLA

Well Known Member
I am upgrading my RV6 panel from steam guages to glass and used Up North Aviation (VAF advertiser) to cut the new panel.

On 2/13/2013 I started communicating with Bill Morelli at Up North Aviation regarding cutting out my new instrument panel for my RV-6 panel upgrade. I sent Bill the layout for my panel and he looked it over, made a few modifications, and emailed me a file containing a full size image of the new panel. I took the file to Staples and had it printed out and checked the new dimensions. Perfect fit! I notified Bill that the design was ready to cut and sent him a panel blank. I received the panel on 2/28/2013 and it looks great! I highly recommend Up North Aviation and Bill is very easy to work with.

RV-6JCalvert.jpg

Here's the panel painted with instruments test fitted.

CalvertRV6.jpg

Last edited:
CNC Instrument panel

Jerry drew up his panel layout in Corel Draw and exported the file in the DXF format.

I was able to make some small tweaks to his DXF to use it with my CNC system.

Bottom line is there are other programs besides CAD that can generate a DXF file.

For more info on having a panel fabricated, visit Up North Aviation
( see web site below)

Regards,
Bill

CNC Panel cut by Up North Aviation

If you want to get professional and outstanding attention for your panel cutting and gas cap engraving, get in touch with Bill from Up North Aviation.
I was very impressed how well we communicated the adjustments to my file provided. The panel cuts are very clean. As soon as I get some photos ready I will send to Bill for posting in his website. Highly recommended! :)

Inst Panel

Jerry: Care to share some details about your annunciator panel? Thanks.

Don Broussard

RV - 9 Rebuild in Progress

Back