What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Front seat- Storage pocket for Rear Pax?

Redwagon

While I have a few side cubbies for the wife to park her in-flight stuff, she would really like to have a larger pocket hanging on the back of the front seat.

I know that Classic Aero does a nice seat pocket on their high end seat, but I have the standard Van's designed backrest and looking for ideas on how to best make something to attach.

regards-
Tim

Tim...

We have a pocket on the back of the rear seat... Put the stick fully forward and use a suitable lower bend in the seat back. Use Nutplates or Rivnuts in the "bends" to secure the pocket.

You will need to "monitor" what goes in there :eek: It is easy to cause an obstruction to the stick...

Andy & Ellie Hill
RV-8 G-HILZ

Back of the front seat pocket

Hi Tim:

Flightline Interior makes a nice "Back Of the Front Seat Pocket" that you install with 4 pop rivets.

I bought one with my seats. Looks good but haven't installed it yet.

Call Abby and she will take care of you.

Seatback Pocket

Flightline Interiors made a great pocket for the Wife. She loves it. Give abby a call.

Doug Crumrine

RV-8 N169FS

thanks

I'll check it out, just emailed Abby. Right now I'm looking at easier options as opposed to making a big project out of it! I can always get some of the matching upholstery material and make something out of Aluminum to cover and then rive it on.....just looking for something simple right now.

Tim

I was planning to put the Oxygen bottle on the back of the front seat.
Now you bring up an other potential requirement :rolleyes:
Don't tell my wife OK?

I promise not to tell her

But she sure is going to want to park some stuff back there. My wife has two small cubby's on the sides and the space on each side of the seat and still wants more.........she's used to the 185 skywagon and having all sorts of room for everything she could possibly want. On the plus side she thinks the rear seat is very comfortable even with the dog on her lap......

I emailed back and forth with Abby, she makes a very nice seat pocket that can either be riveted in place or she can provide snaps so you can take it on and off. I'm getting material from Classic Aero that did the seats and she'll use that to make a very nice pocket at a very reasonable price.

Cool!!!!

Tim

Back