What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Texas RV Fly-In @ JWY

Mel

Legacy Member
Mentor
Is there going to be an RV Fly-In at Mid-Way this year?
I haven't seen dates.

Hi Mel. I never really got any info from the planners at Midlothian either, so I was going to contact the Pecan Plantation bunch next week and see if we could just show up at their May 9th Spring Fly-in. They do a really good job and already have the infrastructure in place.

Whatchathink?

Last edited:
Hey, works for me. Maybe we could talk the PP guys into parking the RVs all together. Might not be an easy task, but they can handle it.

I left a message with the organizer (Doug Crumline) of the PP event just a moment ago. Hopefully I'll know more in 24.
b,
d

Pecan Plantation fly-in

Doug & Mel I will speak for Eaa 983 chapter. Come on down. I will speak to our leader and we will plan on a area for RV's. We could plan on having a meeting place at my hanger. Just let me know.

Pecan Plantation fly-in

We will have a VAF gang meeting place in my hanger at the fly-in. My hanger backs up to the parking area and My 7A will be in the back yard and Doug we could park your plane here also as a better marker.

Doug & Mel I will speak for Eaa 983 chapter. Come on down. I will speak to our leader and we will plan on a area for RV's. We could plan on having a meeting place at my hanger. Just let me know.

Thank you, Gary! You guys are the best.
b,
d

Doug,
My understanding of not having the fly-in at JWY is that no one wanted the job of organizing it. If you would like to pick up the ball, I'm sure it could still happen.

Doug,
My understanding of not having the fly-in at JWY is that no one wanted the job of organizing it. If you would like to pick up the ball, I'm sure it could still happen.

Pecan works for me Mel. I'm just happy to have a nice fly-in somewhere in N.TX in May (and Pecan Plantation is one beautiful place).

I'm thinking parked under those big trees in your backyard would protect me from any flour <g>.

Your VIP parking

Got it reserved for you and we could sell hats and shirts also. VAF hat or shirt required uniform for everyone (ha).

Pecan Plantation Spring Fly-In (0TX1)

We the members of EAA 983 and residents of Pecan Plantation Airpark are both honored and very excited about hosting the Texas RV Fly-In for the VAF.
We have a great Fly-In planned and are making changes to our site to accomidate the VAF members. We will have great food for sale and will be raffling a two night stay at the famous "Hanger Hotel" in Fredericksburg, TX. So ya'll come over and have a great day.

PLEASE NOTE: THE NEW UNICOM FREQ 122.975. CHECK AIRNAV.COM FOR ANY INFO YOU NEED ON PECAN PLANTATION AIRPARK, GRANBURY, TX (0TX1).

Doug Crumrine
EAA 983 Fly-In Chairman
817 559-4665

JWY fly in

Mel, Don Crum and I were in charge of the JWY flyin last year. I am busy and can't help this year, but if anyone else wants to run with it, we have $180 left in the pot from last year. Don Crum might help and I may be around, but you can't depend on me.

Aubrey Price
N600A

Great!

Van's is sending me some "goodies" to distribute. We just need to figure a means of distribution.
I'm open to suggestions. Be careful though. Any suggestion will automatically put you on the committee.

KJWY Fly in

Don Crum and I did the Midway(JWY) flyin last year. I am busy this year and can't help. Don may be able to help. If anyone wants to take control, we have $180 left in the pot from last year. I will send them the money and help if I am in town. Don might help if you contact him

Aubrey Price
N600AP

Van's is sending me some "goodies" to distribute. We just need to figure a means of distribution.
I'm open to suggestions. Be careful though. Any suggestion will automatically put you on the committee.

Louise is too polite to post this, so I will....If the Texans behave the way they did two years ago, and bail out due to a "little" wetaher, she'll be happy to swoop in and claim all the prizes again....:D:p

Paul

Careful, we have new "swooping" capability for a little weather. Tanya just might present some competition if the magnetism of the crowd isn't too strong.

I'm so looking forward to the flyin season schedule this year.

Texas RV Fly-In

Mel,

We could work out something at the Pecan Plantation Fly-In May 9th to distribute your goodies. Just give me a call if you're interested. We already have a great Fly-In planned! Just praying for good weather.

Doug Crumrine
EAA 983 Fly-In Chairman
817 559-4665

VAF @ Pecan Plantation

We are expecting a great turn out if the weather permits. Anyone that can please come early. Also if anyone would like to help with the parking we could use it. I will have bottle water and a gathering place for the group in my hanger. It is next to the parking.

Coming Saturday

Bill Gill (RV-7) and I (RV-6A), with our wives, are coming to the fly-in if the weather allows. Coming from Kansas City, we expect to arrive 10:30 or so.

Where should we go when we land? Will there be somebody directing taxi?

Or will it just be obvious?

TAXI @ Pecan fly-in

The parking area is on the North East side. There will be plenty of ground crew. If anyone needs to spend the night there are plenty of hotels in Granbury and I will provide transportation. Any questions or needs call me @ 817-219-0524

Gary,
If we get all forecast rain, I won't be able to get the RV out Saturday. I'll try to be there early even if we have to drive.

Back