What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

OSH 2014 - RV-8/8A Meeting

Kevin Horton

Well Known Member
Oshkosh is fast approaching, so it's once again time to sort out when the RV-8/8A builders and flyers will meet. Given that there are many people who are there for the first few days, then leave, and another group who come for the last weekend, I propose two meetings - one early in the week, and one on the final weekend.

Looking at the list of known events, and attempting to avoid other events likely to be of interest to RVers, I propose the following times. I'm open to other suggestions if anyone has a better idea:

• Monday, 10:15 AM, Theatre in the Woods, at the end closest to the flight line, and
  • Saturday, 10:15 AM, Theatre in the Woods, at the end closest to the flight line.
I should make the Monday event, but will likely have left before the Saturday one. I’m looking forward to meeting old friends, and making a few new ones.

Last edited:
That is going to be right in the middle of my mid-morning nap after having closed down whatever event we end up at Sunday night :). Isn't vacation great. In "change hold" at work now in prep.

I threw the Monday time at my calendar, and we'll see if it sticks! It's the Val's turn to go to OSH this year - the -6 and -3 have to stay home....

Monday is good.

Scott, you know we usually have nice, fresh donuts? The -9 people have probably been serving tofu or something ;)

Monday it is...

I am there the first part of the week so I will be there Monday! Look forward to it!

I'll try and make it Monday. First trip to Oskosh in my Newley finished 8. It would be nice to visit with some of you guys that helped me with some decisions on building my plane.

Eddy

Thanks to a "messed-up" work schedule, we'll be arriving on Thursday. Should be able to get to the Saturday morning session. When you're 72, wouldn't you think that your wife would let you retire? :)

Can someone be kind enough to save me a mug of "Spotted Cow" from the Monday evening "RV Beer & Bull Social"?

Dave C.

RV-8
N842DK
"We've been everywhere, man!"

I'll be there!

I'll be coming in Sunday and join you for the meeting on Monday. I'm excited to meet you all and attend my first AirVenture!

I'll see y'all there

For the first time in 30 years I will not be at OSH on the opening bell. I have to attend to some medical issues with my Mom (I can relate, Doug), so I will have to arrive on Wednesday. I'll see all of y'all on Saturday. I can't wait.

Monday morning sounds great! See you all there!
John B.
I'm flying in. Should be there Sunday morning.
N819WB

That is going to be right in the middle of my mid-morning nap after having closed down whatever event we end up at Sunday night :). Isn't vacation great. In "change hold" at work now in prep.

If you close that event down, you?ll probably be staggering back towards the tent at 10:15 on Monday. Just stop by the Theatre in the Woods on the way :)

I will be available during the week of OSH to provide Air 2 Air photography of your RV. You can fly home with a great image of you and your plane in the air. I'm taking bookings, flights will be during early mornings.
Cost: $230.00
You Get: 1 11x14 print and 10 images on a disk
USA Ph Number: 317 515-9393 (will be on during show)
Canadian Number: 705 770-4807
Email: [email protected]

Checkout some of Kevin Horton's pictures of his RV-8

http://www.shortwingsovercanada.com...Peter_Lubigs_Pictures/Pages/Kevin_Horton.html

Donation will be given to this site.

I'll be there for the Monday meet. Looking forward to meeting some of the people whose posts have helped me out.

By the way, is 10:15 AM or PM?

Tom H.

Back