What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AV 30 E setup ?

Python

Hi , has anyone installed an AV 30 e in a RV 6 Taildragger ? If so if could I get an idea of the trim settings & how do I find these ? Thanks python.

Last edited:
Python,

I’m about to start down that track. Have started the install of an AV-30E (as AH) and AV-30C (as DI and TailbeaconX head) in a -6. It’s early days yet as I’m yet to start the wiring etc. so can’t help with any answers yet.

I’m based at YWBN. PM me and we can swap notes etc.
Auj4

Trim settings

You have to push the centre knob when you put power to the unit, hold it until the screen goes through it’s start up. Release the centre button. Push the left button three times which brings up the set up window at the bottom. Rotate the centre knob to each setting to be trimmed. When you get to the value to be trimmed, push the centre knob, trim then push the centre knob again. Move to the next value and repeat.
If I remember correctly this is explain fairly well in the install manual.
Good luck

You have to push the centre knob when you put power to the unit, hold it until the screen goes through it’s start up. Release the centre button. Push the left button three times which brings up the set up window at the bottom. Rotate the centre knob to each setting to be trimmed. When you get to the value to be trimmed, push the centre knob, trim then push the centre knob again. Move to the next value and repeat.
If I remember correctly this is explain fairly well in the install manual.
Good luck

How do you know what the actual trim settings are though ? + or - & how many degrees ?

Initial AV-30 trim settings

You have to fly it at an initial setting, and make adjustments as needed. The idea is to trim it to your installation. The AV-30 can not be harmed by flying it “ out of trim”. Fly the plane straight and level, and adjust pitch, roll, and slip trim as needed to make the AI read straight and level.

My 6A for example has pitch +8, roll 0, slip 0. Your 6 should be close to that, but may be a degree or two different in these settings.

Trim

Exactly as Steve said, fly it and adjust it. I believe my pitch is +4 and maybe +2 on roll. Remember, you can adjust in flight as long as you are in set up menu which has to be started when power is applied to the AV30. I realize your time zone makes it tough but any real problems, contact Rebekah at Uavionix, she is awesome!

Back