What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3x Data Analysis

Hopefully will start the flight test program on my RV-14A in the not too distant future. The G3x system records copious amounts of data that would be useful in seeing how the aircraft is performing, for example around engine parameters.
What software did you use to review the data? It’s a .cvs file so you could use Excel, but that would seem kind of clunky. Thanks.

Savvy!

Hopefully will start the flight test program on my RV-14A in the not too distant future. The G3x system records copious amounts of data that would be useful in seeing how the aircraft is performing, for example around engine parameters.
What software did you use to review the data? It’s a .cvs file so you could use Excel, but that would seem kind of clunky. Thanks.

Go to savvy aviation.com. It's free and will format all of the data as well as allow you graph it. Check it out, it works great!

https://www.savvyaviation.com/free-stuff/

Fly.Garmin.com allows import of log files, and displays them in a comprehensive “panel”, allowing viewing of multiple parameters simultaneously, including graphs with zoom and time scanning. As a further benefit, logs are stored in the cloud, permanently, for free. It’s an amazing service.

Personally, I review in fly.Garmin and then use Excel to drill down to individual time intervals on critical flights/events. If you import the .csv file to Excel, save it as an .xls file and all formats will be preserved - if you hide column (data groups), or highlight cells of interest, this will be preserved. If you save as default .csv, this is all be lost from session to session.

Fly.Garmin.com allows import of log files, and displays them in a comprehensive “panel”, allowing viewing of multiple parameters simultaneously, including graphs with zoom and time scanning. As a further benefit, logs are stored in the cloud, permanently, for free. It’s an amazing service.

Personally, I review in fly.Garmin and then use Excel to drill down to individual time intervals on critical flights/events. If you import the .csv file to Excel, save it as an .xls file and all formats will be preserved - if you hide column (data groups), or highlight cells of interest, this will be preserved. If you save as default .csv, this is all be lost from session to session.

Pretty much what Savvy does and no excel needed...

+1 Savvy

Try it and you will not regret or use anything else. Best way to compare 4 variables over any timeline in 5 secs.

Back