What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

News from the Mothership...

I just found it. I was going to post the link but you beat me to it.

I am unable to turn ANNOUNCEMENTS on for Van's Aircraft YouTube channel.

RV 15

I like how there’s a casual chat about lead times, with the screen shot web page (place holder) of the RV 15. Such a tease! :D

does not exist

But I cant find the teaser web page on the Vans site.
So what is the harm in bring out the info, and letting us follow along with the progress?
I find the teasing very rude.
I enjoyed following the progress of the RV10 development.
I don't enjoy being played.

A supplier of many years standing, producing a core part of all the kits, has pulled out? Seems a very significant happening…
To quickly bring that production in-house with only a 4 week impact on some kit deliveries will surely be a challenge.

But I cant find the teaser web page on the Vans site.
So what is the harm in bring out the info, and letting us follow along with the progress?
I find the teasing very rude.
I enjoyed following the progress of the RV10 development.
I don't enjoy being played.

https://www.vansaircraft.com/rv-15/

I understand the secrecy. The bushplane category is very competitive right now and if they started sharing, they are bound to disappoint someone with 2 vs. 4 seat or engine size, etc. They've received quite a bit of feedback on what people want and this allows them to iterate and put their best effort on it before it is shared. Then than can advertise a "known" product. Plus, if they show now some people might wait for it and not order a 10 or 14 today. The best way to develop a new aircraft is to keep selling the ones you already have so you can fund the new one.

Back in 2007 when the Cirrus Jet was announced the details were secret for a year or so. This allowed Cirrus to zero in on better numbers, and even then they didn't commit to exact performance numbers.

The secrecy also drives interest - everyone over a foot tall in the EAB industry knows about the RV15 and is paying attention - thats free advertising, and a lot of it.

OK Ok

OK I will wait.

Some really smart person on these forums once said, the number of airplanes one should have is n-1, where n is the number that causes divorce.

I am hoping n is 3 for me.

I understand the secrecy. The bushplane category is very competitive right now and if they started sharing, they are bound to disappoint someone with 2 vs. 4 seat or engine size, etc.

They also have incentive to wait for MOSAIC/ASTM F37.

Back