What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bruce Bohannon

Last week I was able to complete my tail wheel endorsement and RV-8 transition training with Bruce Bohannon at his private airport (Flyin Tiger 81D) southwest of Houston. I highly recommend Bruce for anyone needing this, his knowledge, experience and ability is really amazing. I?m a relatively new pilot (200 hrs) and had no tail wheel time, and my insurance company of course required transition training for my newly purchased RV-8. He has a Legend Cub, an RV-8 set-up with full controls in the rear, as well as several other cool planes, including his record holder.

Bruce is a tremendously experienced pilot, I?m sure quite a few of you guys have heard of him, if not, look him up. He is very direct, which I certainly appreciate and he will let you know if you?re not quite right, his main motto is ?Keep it straight? and by adhering to this, his presence in the back seat is hardly noticeable, except maybe by the cigarette smoke ;). He is also very patient and extremely easy going.

I flew my Cherokee into Texas Gulf Coast Regional (KLBX) and got a room at the Best Western in Angleton, you can rent a car from Budget/Avis at the airport. Uber and Lyft are in the area too.

The cost is very reasonable and it was an awesome experience, this man knows his stuff and for such an accomplished pilot he is really down to earth as a person. I hope to see him in the future on social basis.

His number is (281) 889 8078, give him a call, you won?t be disappointed.

Brian Pellerin
[email protected]
(207) 415 1719

Agree!

I agree with everything you said, including the irritating tobacco smoke! (He never smoked in my plane, just in the Cub.) I didn't do RV transition training with Bruce but I did fly with him several times for a biennial, transitioning into the Legend Cub, and emergency landing training. He is an excellent stick-and-rudder guy. I learned a lot!

Back