What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Airpark

butch

Well Known Member
Aero Estates Airpark (T25) approximately 25 miles SW of Tyler, TX.

Looking at airpark property...

Would love to hear some inside info/warnings/gotcha's from local people who know the area. Good stuff. Bad stuff. Anything helpful for people like us who would be new to the area.

We will be visited several airparks in the Dallas area in March for a look.

Some random considerations:

Active homebuilders, We would enjoy living in a community with neighbors who have similar interests.

Want this to be our retirement home, Thinking about a single level, attached hangar, easy runway/taxiway access.

Want to OWN the lot, may Be seasonal rental until i retire?

Butch
Hutch,MN

Last edited:
Aero Lake Estates

I grew up in Tyler. My Dad has flown out of Tyler Pounds Field since I was a kid. 40+ years. I tried to talk my Dad into building out there, but he says it is too far out. Lake Palestine is nice large lake. Good fishing from what I have heard. Tyler is a nice town. I have not lived there for 30 years so it has grown alot. Traffic is probably an issue as they don't have any freeways. Traffic lights everywhere. Very good medical facilites, resteraunts, and golf courses. Quite a bit of wealthy people.

I went and looked at Aero Lake estates as I was considering a lot and retiring there someday. It has been about 3-4 years ago when I visited. There were several nice houses, but there were some rather cluttered looking places as well. Either the deed restricions were too loose or they did not enforce them at the time. I left there thinking it was not such a good idea to invest 300K in a house and hanger, but it could be different now. Lots were priced around $20K, which was attractive.

Runway was pretty good with a slope/hill on it. RV-6 was not problem. The roads were not paved for the most part, but I think that was in the long term plan.

It would be a nice place if you like fishing since there is a boat ramp right there on a really nice lake. Good luck with it. If you want to know more about Tyler, I could put you in touch with my Dad. He can tell you much more and he knows a lot of people in the area.

Hi Butch,

We bought lot 2 there several years ago but haven't done anything with it yet. The idea of having fishing access really appealed to me.

Tail winds Airpark /Thompson Field (1TA7) is about half way between aero Estates and Dallas. You should check it out. It is just about 3 miles north of I-20, at Canton, TX, has a paved runway and offers two developments, one for hangar homes and one for homes with separate hangars. It is a great little community. Lots are from .9 to about 1.5 acres with deed restrictions in place to keep everything nice. There's even an EAA chapter on the field. You can google it or look on Facebook to find out more.
Good luck

Back