What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tip: Boelube

bobnoffs

Well Known Member
i have not found much success with boelube in the solid form until yesterday. if you put some in a bottle cap [behind the file cabinet you haven't moved in 20 yrs.] you can set the cap on one of those coffee cup warmers and it will quickly melt. then dip your screws and it will quickly turn solid.
let me guess........i am the only one who never thought of it!

Bob, I find plunging my drill bit, driven by my Sioux air drill, in to my
solid Boelube works great as a multipurpose lube for reaming and drilling.
Liquid for everthing else

Regards

I put a 3/8th hole in the lid of the boelube to "dip my bit into" with a wad punch. Saves getting lube all over when you knock it over. As you use the lube cut the can down with a sharp knife.

I have been using Boelube for several years in the solid form. When I first got it I thought "what a crock" but then I started rubbing it on threads and folks, it really works! I lubricate my hinge pins in my cowl every time I have them out and they slide in and out great! I really like it in the dry form because the lubricated parts do not collect dirt. I just dig a chunk out of the container with a screwdriver and rub it on.

I ordered a tube of Boelube from Vans and stored it away over the summer. When I wanted to use it I found it had dried out so I threw it away and ordered another one. Got the same tube.

I put a 3/8th hole in the lid of the boelube to "dip my bit into" with a wad punch. Saves getting lube all over when you knock it over. As you use the lube cut the can down with a sharp knife.

I just started doing the hole-in-the-lid thing as well, works great. Has anyone figured out a convenient way to melt it back down (preferably in the tube) after it all turns to powder?

I just found that wiping my screw into the solid paste made it 90% easier to screw into nutplates - isn't that what it is for?

Why not avoid all of the trouble and just use Door Ease or beeswax? Ready to use as purchased and works great. At work it is a must on all of the stainless steel floorboard screws, unless you like practicing drilling out galled screws.

Why not avoid all of the trouble and just use Door Ease or beeswax? Ready to use as purchased and works great. At work it is a must on all of the stainless steel floorboard screws, unless you like practicing drilling out galled screws.

Dude, come on. We're building airplanes here. Beeswax isn't nearly expensive enough. :)

Dude, come on. We're building airplanes here. Beeswax isn't nearly expensive enough. :)

Hey Dale, I can fix the pricing. Just order it through me and I will help fix this issue.:D By the time you have to pay for my delivery charges (Fuel, hotel, and food) it will be more in line with what you are probably looking for.

Last edited:
Lube

I use the beeswax too.
I assume everyone knows the Boelube stick presses up from the bottom.

I was told that before Boelube was developed the only other lubricant that had the same properties was the fluid from the brains of a certain kind of whale.

That property being that the lube goes toward heat, not away from it, and that is what makes it work so well. Most lubricants will migrate away from the heat where it is needed the most.

OK, I was told this by the guy that sold me the Boelube. I hope it is true as I kind of like the story...

Randall in Sedona

I was told that before Boelube was developed the only other lubricant that had the same properties was the fluid from the brains of a certain kind of whale.

That property being that the lube goes toward heat, not away from it, and that is what makes it work so well. Most lubricants will migrate away from the heat where it is needed the most.

OK, I was told this by the guy that sold me the Boelube. I hope it is true as I kind of like the story...

Randall in Sedona

Goes along with this story...

http://www.chemheritage.org/discover/media/magazine/articles/31-3-whales-in-space.aspx

Back