What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Erie Airpark (KIEK)

I did a search for KIEK and didn't come up with anything. However, I live close to Erie, IL which has Erie Airpark - 3H5. If that is the one you are looking for send me a PM.

Otherwise, I did see that there is a Erie Municipal Airport in Erie, CO that has an airport code of KEIK. Is that the one you are looking for?

Doug

Maybe Misspelled? KEIK

There is a: KEIK in Erie Colorado Northwest of Denver. Also known as "Erie Airpark"

I live near it, in Boulder, but rarely fly out of it. Nothing wrong with the place as far as I know.... as for nearby cities, it's close to Lafayette, Erie, and down the road a bit, Louisville and Boulder. Denver is further.

When I've used KEIK, it's been fine. I would have liked their now-closed crosswind runway to be useable, but that's a minor gripe.

Boulder has plenty of local shopping and an excellent hardware store, McGuckin's. I rarely go to Denver.

Dave

I live there - it’s a great airpark community. My 180 HP RV7 has no issue with the 5119’ field elevation. PM me if you want details.

I hangared my RV-14A at KEIK for a year or so and enjoyed the airport very much. Friendly manager (Jason), reasonable fuel price at the self-serve, and good A&Ps at Vector Air if you need them.

It's close to larger towered airport KBJC, so you do need to be careful of straying into their Delta. The only runway at KEIK is north/south and strong crosswinds once chased me over to KBJC.

Glad to talk about it if you want to send a PM.

Back