What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hose Connection into Oil Pressure Sensor

csdominey

Patron
Attached pic is of the oil pressure hose where it connects into the pressure sensor mounted on the firewall. Engine is a Lyc O320-E2A. Hose came from a FFW kit from Vans, bought about 2005 I think.
Engine is not running, but I do use the starter to turn the engine over once a week, spark plugs removed. What is odd is that on several occasions now, I have seen oil, sometimes in streams, coming out of that hole in the connector of the hose.
Can anybody tell me what is going on with that? It is a many years old VA133 hose (soon to be replaced by the VA133-1). Thanks
Cliff Dominey
Alvin, Texas

Attachments

• oil hose.jpg
    oil hose.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 95
Not a very clear picture. But replace it and move on......
And stop turning the engine over. Study how to pickle an engine.

Last edited:
Hole

That hole is probably the pin the boldsit together. The hose is old a need to be replaced. It will probabaly be a stream if the engine e sr fires up.

The pin in the aft side of the nut is for the retaining wire for the nut to the stem. 99% of the time, if you get a leak through the wire the nut is loose, or the flares are not making good contact.
Being thats an old 701 hose thats been in service 17 years, you might think about replacing it.

Tom

Back