- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 04-29-2022, 11:19 AM

Default McFarlane Cable Lengths

I deleted throttle and mixture cables from the FWF kit to sub McFarlane and looking for help with lengths. My deletions were the 44.5" throttle cable and 47" mixture.

My setup is IO320D1A, vertical induction, fixed pitch, elastomer nose gear. Does anyone know if the McFarlane standard 4' cables will work or should I go with custom lengths?

FTR, I tried having this conversation with McFarlane but they kept insisting I measure or send them the Van's cables I do not own. I appreciate any help I can get.
Working on finish and FWF
G3X from Steinair
YIO-320-D1A
Catto 71x66 3 blade
Lemke interior
2022 dues gladly paid
https://eaabuilderslog.org/?s=N7209A
Old 04-29-2022, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottJ View Post
I deleted throttle and mixture cables from the FWF kit to sub McFarlane and looking for help with lengths. My deletions were the 44.5" throttle cable and 47" mixture.

My setup is IO320D1A, vertical induction, fixed pitch, elastomer nose gear. Does anyone know if the McFarlane standard 4' cables will work or should I go with custom lengths?

FTR, I tried having this conversation with McFarlane but they kept insisting I measure or send them the Van's cables I do not own. I appreciate any help I can get.
I found California Push-Pull very helpful when I purchased my cables. Don't know if they are similar to McFarlane, but they have the same CableCraft cables that Vans sells, but are considerably less expensive. I got mine with the high temp sheathing. Call them up. They were very helpful with measuring requirements.
New Superior IO-360-B1AC2 w/Hartzell Composite CS
RV8 - #83313 - Under Construction (sort of!)