What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

CQ1 Headset Great customer service.

akabud

I ordered a CQ1 Headset from Card Machine Works thinking I'd be able to adjust the right and left volume independently. I need this due to some unusual hearing problems. Turns out the balance control only works in stereo mode. That doesn't work in my plane. So I asked if I could send them back and Tanya said no problem.

After they got them back I got an email saying: "We do have a revision to the control that provides for mono balance. If you'd still like to see if the CQ1 will work for you, we can complete the revision and return the headset. We'd ask that you give it try, and if you would like to keep it, we'd like to offer you a discount at that time. If you decide it isn't a good fit for you, we'll supply a prepaid return shipping label back to us. "

How could I pass up an offer like that. Needless to say it worked great and I'm very happy with them.

I think I need that. Bought my QC1 headset in September, but just used it yesterday.
I have zero audio going into my left ear. I vaguely recall this with my old Halo set, but I think it had a mono/stereo switch. Time for an email

Bud,
I'm happy to hear that you're happy. We're here for you.

Brian,
We received and responded to your message. I think we'll find it as simple as flipping the switch on the side of the control.

I've been a little bit surprised with the number of RVs still being built with mono audio systems. We've had great debates on whether to ship headsets with the switch set stereo or mono :).

Bud,
I'm happy to hear that you're happy. We're here for you.

Brian,
We received and responded to your message. I think we'll find it as simple as flipping the switch on the side of the control.

I've been a little bit surprised with the number of RVs still being built with mono audio systems. We've had great debates on whether to ship headsets with the switch set stereo or mono :).

Scott, walked over the 80 feet to the hangar, 10 seconds later QC1 is working perfectly. Operator error the whole time. When I had no left ear, I figured it was not a big deal...but I was sitting on the ramp running and already activated my flight plan. Time to go.

I didn?t even see the switch on the headset that day. I did look through the paperwork when I got home but didn?t find what I needed.
When I built Aurora, my panel was as simple as possible and had a used intercom. Can?t even recall how it was hooked up. Probably could rewire for stereo for future ease.

Anyway all is good. Thanks for the quick response for this knuckle dragging mechanic. 1 wire=good, 2+Wires=bad

Back