What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Freedom Flight

hydroguy2

Well Known Member
I don't fly enough lately for various reasons. But still make a lap around the valley to warm up the oil and free my mind. With this week having the Election and Veterans day, I felt the urge for a freedom flight to put everything in proper perspective. Below is a spliced together video from Townsend, then along the mountains looking over the area I hunt elk. Drop down to the glassy lake and up the river before turning it back to the barn. My friend Gerry had flown down for coffee with the hangar bums...so I joined them.

Beautiful fall day....Life is good

Freedom Flight video

Good to get away from the nastiness of the election and blow the cobwebs out. I did the same thing on election day...flew to breakfast!!

And yes, life is good. Every day I feel that by being born in America, I've won the lottery.

Very cool Brian!

An excellent video and a most beautiful part of the country. I need to make it out there this summer and say hello!

:cool: CJ

Lewis and Clark Trail

Great to see some footage over Montana! Thanks for sharing. I took my RV-6 N934B from Helena to the Gates of the Mountains on the Missouri, and then follow the Lewis and Clark Trail all the way to Lemhi Pass where they first crossed the Continental Divide, then in to Missoula. I hope to repeat the trip in my RV-8 when I finish it this summer. I'll take pictures/video this time.

Haven't seen that beautiful landscape since my Blackhawk crewchief days in the Army back in the late 80s. Thanks for sharing.

Unsure River, but was larger water S. part of Canyon Ferry? :)

Yep I made a quick loop from 8U8 RY34 to the NE flew along the Big Belts Mtn down Duck Creek (good elk hunting), then the video jumps to east shore of Canyon Ferry lake moving south past Townsend. The 6x video is over the Missouri River before turning back to land on RY16.

Back