What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Crowdsourcing Airventure

panhandler1956

Well Known Member
Several good friends of mine do volunteer photography duties at Oshkosh each year, mostly for judged airplanes. This year they got an additional assignment to shoot as many arrival aircraft as possible. EAA has uploaded them (1311) to this site
http://www.flickr.com/photos/airventureoshkosh/. Lots of RVs throughout, so you might look and see if you got on camera or at least sift through to see some really pretty airplanes like our own Dan Horton's -8 here:

6006184346_1d0babca26_b.jpg

If you see a picture of yourself, please tag it. There are talking about expanding this project for next year so stay tuned...

Suggestion

As a money maker for EAA, I suggest they have some cameras set up to capture take offs and landing and then sell the pics. Everytime I have whitewater rafted, or ran a marathon...they post tons of pics, and magically you can always find some GREAT shots that are worth $10 or so to capture. In todays digital age, no film is wasted, no printing done until buyers commit. Seems like a no brainer.

A few pics of my 9a making her first landing in Osh would be great. Just food for thought.

technically it looks like all the photos have copyright marks on them, so as much as it galls me (it is an image of *your* plane) probably the best thing to do is try to contact the guy that is watermarked on the image for permission. it looks like r. weatherwald is the main photo taker (well, at the beginning) maybe contact airventure to track down who to ask?

technically it looks like all the photos have copyright marks on them, so as much as it galls me (it is an image of *your* plane) probably the best thing to do is try to contact the guy that is watermarked on the image for permission. it looks like r. weatherwald is the main photo taker (well, at the beginning) maybe contact airventure to track down who to ask?

If you PM or Email me, I can provide Dick Wetherald's contact information.

bob

Let me ask. I don't believe there are any copyrights or anything, but let me check...

Someone did this a couple of years ago and I didn't like the fact that someone could plaster a picture of me and my plane all over the internet at their whim.

As for me, it's just another reason to not actually fly into OSH for Airventure.

Outlying airports with cheaper access and amenities have worked well for me.

But, to each his own.

Mikd

Someone did this a couple of years ago and I didn't like the fact that someone could plaster a picture of me and my plane all over the internet at their whim.

Mikd

Hiding from something? Might I suggest a camouflage paint scheme? :D

Back