What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

CS vs FP cost

matt

Well Known Member
I was sure there should be some info in the forum but my search didn't work out:

I trying to figure out the extra expenses with a CS setup in a new installation. The prop and govenor of course, but it is all the other 'extras' that I try to figure out. Asuming I would start with a suitable engine (M1B etc?) in the first place.

Any input?

Last edited:
What extras? Blue-knob control cable is about $60 or so.. what else are we leaving out? A bolt and a rod end.. that's a few more bucks. that's about it.. All said and done.. probably less than $100 in that misc stuff..

Then of course there's the extra firewall passthrough eyeball for the cable, a couple adel clamps, and the labeling for the extra knob, and if you can't borrow the right wrench extension, you'll need the extension to torque to prop bolts, dont' forget the oil pressure line from the case to the govener, and maybe a beer or two for the helping hand to install the prop as it's a bit heavier then the FP prop. :D

Back