What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Niagara Falls Tour

jmcanty3

It was a nice weekend for the most part up in the Northeast. Took the opportunity to do some formation over the Falls. If you are ever up in the area, check out the falls scenic tour: https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CFR-2012-title14-vol2/pdf/CFR-2012-title14-vol2-sec93-71.pdf

2mevkvq.jpg

2ir66fs.jpg

2rwpb2a.jpg

2343uf.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice pictures John. I've flown the scenic route several times but didn't have such a great shot opportunity. You are lucky to have a skilled wingman. Thanks for sharing.

Canada procedure

I see you are USA registered. Can you run us through what you had to do to cross over to Canada and back?

Re: Canada Procedure

Spark, I've flown the Scenic Falls tour a handful of times from the US. Other than reading the notam, you just fly it. No customs, eapis, talking to anyone, other than self announcing on the notam'd frequency. Watch out for the helos.

Canada

I see you are USA registered. Can you run us through what you had to do to cross over to Canada and back?

My standard procedure is to squawk with Buffalo Approach on my way to the falls, switch to the published advisory freq. prior to entering falls tour. When you finish up with the tour, Buffalo will expect you back and get you on your way without worrying about surrounding class C (KBUF) and D (KIAG) airspace.

Back