What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Day trip to Chattanooga

miyu1975

Well Known Member
Day trip to Nashville

Planning a day trip to Nashville with my wife on Sunday. A quick anniversary one day get away using the RV. Time is short and was hoping to get some ideas from locals on stuff to do. Eat, shop, site seeing...etc. Flying into ? early morning arrival.

THX

Last edited:
From a tourist...

My dad's family is there, but I never really saw the city until a few years ago.

The downtown area is really nice, with some good restaurants. The aquarium was really nice several years ago when it was fresh water only, & my relatives tell me that it's been doubled in size with a salt water section. If you're into music, there are also some good music clubs downtown, too. The incline railway on Lookout Mountain was kinda cool the last time I rode it, but that was almost 60 years ago. :) And there's a hang gliding club on Lookout Mountain, but I can't give you any first hand info about it.

One of the locals recommended Sugars for BBQ ribs, but I've never managed to get there to try them.

Hope that's at least a start,

Charlie

Thanks...change of venue though. We are going to Nashville for the day instead. I figure we will land at Jwn or mqy.

Any insights would be most appreciated.

A must!

You HAVE to go to the Dukes of Hazard museum. :D

Truthfully my wife and I enjoyed walking around the Gaylord for a few hours. Downtown in great but doesn't get "lively" until dark. Some great jazz clubs there too.

Hey Ryan,
We might run into you on the ramp.
We are flying in Thursday for a business/pleasure conference and leaving Sunday.
I will be using KJWN as it seemed like the best option for us.
Our first trip to Nashville as well but looking forward to it.

You bet they do! Albeit a little depressing.

hrat7s.jpg

10ckr49.jpg

24wzotl.jpg

2yo7bjq.jpg

My dad's family is there, but I never really saw the city until a few years ago.

The downtown area is really nice, with some good restaurants. The aquarium was really nice several years ago when it was fresh water only, & my relatives tell me that it's been doubled in size with a salt water section. If you're into music, there are also some good music clubs downtown, too. The incline railway on Lookout Mountain was kinda cool the last time I rode it, but that was almost 60 years ago. :) And there's a hang gliding club on Lookout Mountain, but I can't give you any first hand info about it.

One of the locals recommended Sugars for BBQ ribs, but I've never managed to get there to try them.

Hope that's at least a start,

Charlie
Ditto on everything Charlie said, only it's my in laws who live there. The downtown area is really cool!

Hot Chicken

You have to try the Hot Chicken for lunch - it's a Nashville thing. I suggest Hattie B's. Yelp will help you find it, near Vanderbilt campus. Downtown (Broadway) is still cool, even in the day. Walk down Printers Alley.

Oh, I HAD to look up The Dukes of Hazzard museum! Hold on...there's not just the one in Nashville, but another in both Tennessee and Virginia. All of them run by "Cooter". Who'd have thunk it?:D

Nashville

Hi,

I am based at Tune (JWN), happy to help with ideas and spots off the beaten path that are interesting.

Country Music Hall of Fame, Musicians Hall of Fame, Lane Motor Museum, Third Man Records(Jack White), Isle of Printing, lots of good restaurants and food.

PM me for other ideas.

Shelby Smith

Back