What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

O320 Installation guidance

sblack

Well Known Member
I have an O320 E2D which is a very common engine. It is going into my RV 4 with a FP prop, carb, mags, mech fuel pump, no vacuum pump and a screw on oil filter adapter. It will use an oil cooler like all the other similar installations. Nothing exciting or exotic at all.

All my experience, what there is of it, is with small Continentals. The back of the lyc is bristling with a bewildering array of fittings that I need to sort out. What is the best document to show what hose goes where and what fittings I will need? Is there an installation manual? A vans document? A lycoming document? It would be nice if I didn't route any hoses to the wrong place or make them up the wrong size? I do realize that it is not that complicated but a reference would be very helpful in coming up the learning curve.

Thank you.

One of your first tasks is to add provision for the mechanical pump. Plunger for sure, and you may need the gear with the pump cam also.

o-320

Vans plans help but you may want to find an RV with an O-320 and take a bunch of pics to grt an idea ariund how others have set up the fittings / hoses etc.

Operator's Manual for Textron Lycoming Aircraft Engines, series O-320, IO-320 & LIO-320.
Part # 60297-16

Lots of diagrams in the back showing all ports and their function.

Back