What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Help with fuel divider

BLittleton

Does anyone have literature on their fuel spider?

I have a Bendix AMS 4290 (same part as Airmotive 2524232-2) fuel divider (spider). I want to open it to clean/overhaul but I can't find anywhere any sort of manual, parts list, or anything. When I type into google, all I get is for sale...no info.

I'd love an exploded view of the assembly before I brake into this one. Thanks all for the help.

Also, if anyone has done this before, are there any gotchas?

Not much to them. 4 screws, a diaphragm and a spring. The diaphragm has a pin in the center that acts as a valve to shut off the fuel to the injectors when the pressure falls below the spring preset. This stops your engine from running when you pull the mixture off. Keep everything clean!! Make sure the spring doesn't bind and safety wire the screws... That's about it.

I have an exploded diagram and parts list that I can scan and email to you on Monday. Parts prices vary wildly... but luckily most part numbers assigned in the early days are still valid. If I remember correctly, Avstar has the best prices on replacement parts (diaphragm, gasket, spring if needed).

If you want me to scan my parts list and diagram just send me a PM.

Any assembly lube or loctite used anywhere?

No, the safety wire handles the 4 screws and fuel would wash away any lube so none is needed. The valve pin should be nice and smooth as should be the bore. A quick clean and examination is all there is, tighten the screws evenly. As always... Make certain there are NO tiny particles in the lines before to seal it all back up, guaranteed you will get a plugged injector if you miss some. Open the throttle and mixture, run the pump and let fuel flow out of all the injector lines. Clean injectors with Hoppe's #9, let them soak in the bottle an hour or so, they will look brand new.

I'm struggling with this issue. #3 is flowing about 25% less than the others on my IO-360. This flow is being measured directly from the flow divider outlet with injector tubes removed.

Twice, I've disassembled the top and bottom covers, removed the top diaphragm with the spring and plunger. On the bottom there is only a silicon gasket. I've blown a can of carb cleaner out of the triangular orifices inside the plunger bore.

Can I disassemble it further? Are there anymore rubber parts inside that would prevent me from soaking it in Hoppes? A parts diagram or manual would be great, but I can't find one online. If anyone has any documents, please share.

$$

Jimmy---with some so critical as a flow divider, I'd seriously consider consulting the mechanical injection guru, Don Rivera at Air Flow Performance.

Tom

I'm struggling with this issue. #3 is flowing about 25% less than the others on my IO-360. This flow is being measured directly from the flow divider outlet with injector tubes removed.

Twice, I've disassembled the top and bottom covers, removed the top diaphragm with the spring and plunger. On the bottom there is only a silicon gasket. I've blown a can of carb cleaner out of the triangular orifices inside the plunger bore.

Can I disassemble it further? Are there anymore rubber parts inside that would prevent me from soaking it in Hoppes? A parts diagram or manual would be great, but I can't find one online. If anyone has any documents, please share.

$$

No. However, you need to carefully examine the 4 V shaped slots. Debris can get stuck in there and may need to pick it out. spraying with cleaner is sometimes not enough. Shine light through fitting and obsrerve from inside bore. If the V slots are all clear and have no visible flaws (i.e. all look identical) there is likely not a problem with the divider. did you clean and blow out the lines? THese can also get clogged.

Last edited:
Thanks for directing me to Airflow Performance. They have a decent service manual available for FREE (Precision Airmotive take note) which explains a lot. The fuel divider is fairly simple, and I will try to clean it out again as recommended. If not, I will send it out. Thanks!

$

Back