What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AvMap complete Avionics System KIT

WWhunter

Anyone with experience using this kit? I am thinking of upgrading the entire panel on my Rotax 912 powered plane. Avmap currently has a sale going on for this system and the cost seems good for what it is. I only fly VFR and usually no more than 200 miles from home. This 'system' has an EFIS and engine box included which might be a good addition. The system seems to be a good all around package that should cover most of my needs for basice navigation and engine monitoring.

I am not currently versed on all the available units out there so if anyone knows of something similar for a fair price I am willing to listen.

I have also been thinking of going the tablet route but then I would still need engine guages.

I have been using an AvMap EKP IV for several years and have been satisfied with it. Unfortunately it is getting 'long in the tooth' and the internal battery is no keeping my settings in memory. I see that it is a $125 cost to get it fixed but wonder if I wouldn't be better just upgrading to something newer and keeping this old unit for a spare.

Back