What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

HELP--My Wt & Balence program has gone completely Wonky

donaziza

Well Known Member
I had this really neat Wt & Balance program on my computer for my RV 8 taildragger---you know--so one wouldn't have to spend an hour doing "one" problem by hand? Critical to know, so you don't put too heavy a passenger and suitcases behind him or her, so the nose of the aircraft doesn't go straight up on a takeoff.

Anyway---my Wt & Balance program suddenly went totally wonky. And being and old guy, about all I can do on my computer is turn it on and off. (You know how the kids can make anything happen on a computer just by looking at it):D I've seen here on VAF, other RV 8 Wt & Balance programs. Anyone care to send me one. My empty weight is 1104 Lbs.

Thnx much.:D

Do you use foreflight? They have a W&B thing on there that is pretty easy to set up and shows a chart.

Sent...

...you a private message.

I have an Excel spreadsheet with all the RV-8 numbers and would be happy to share....I just don't know how to put it on here, so email me!

Don,

If you'd like, PM me your email address and I'll send you my RV-8 W&B Excel spreadsheet. Screenshot shown below.

i-wdbD9g7-L.jpg

Include your BEW and its Arm, and whether your RV-8 has the -1 wing (1600 lb Aerobatic GW) or not (1550 lb Aerobatic GW) and I'll modify it before I send it to you.

You then will only need to enter your data in the "---> INPUT DATA BELOW <---" box.

Whichever W&B program you decide to use, please check it for accuracy. I've seen many W&B programs posted on VAF with incorrect data, limits, arms, etc, in them.

PM sent---Thanks Much

Wnbpro.com
I think it is a free app. Easy to use. I have it loaded on an IPad.

Back