What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

I have a Mattituck IO-360, how do I match this up with a Lycoming service manual?

moespeeds

Well Known Member
Friend
I purchased a flying RV8 back in June with a Mattituck IO-360 built around 2008. The data plate says "TMXIO-360" with the serial number and timing advance. That's it.

How do I match this up with one of the hundred iterations of the 360 from Lycoming? I see all these HEIO-360A1B6 blah blah and I have no idea what actually applies to my engine. Basically I'm trying to get hold of a service manual.

TIA

I'm in kinda the same boat. I have an IO-360-EXP by Licon. I got a Textron Lycoming manual that is for O-360, HO-360, IO-360, AIO-360, HIO-360 and TIO-360. Part # is 602897-12.

I purchased a flying RV8 back in June with a Mattituck IO-360 built around 2008. The data plate says "TMXIO-360" with the serial number and timing advance. That's it.

How do I match this up with one of the hundred iterations of the 360 from Lycoming? I see all these HEIO-360A1B6 blah blah and I have no idea what actually applies to my engine. Basically I'm trying to get hold of a service manual.

TIA

Back when I purchased mine new from Mattituck I asked the same question from Mahlon (Mattituck guru before they were sold) and he said the closest it comes to is an IO360-M1B. The engine manual shipped with the motor was/is a generic Lycoming manual.

If your fuel servo is mounted on the bottom of the oil sump, pointed down, the closest Lycoming version is an IO-360-B1B. If the servo is mounted horizontally pointed forward it's an IO-360-M1B. Accessory configuration may vary from those models due to different mags or experimental ignition, etc. being used then what was on those original models. but the base engine would be one of those models depending on servo location.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year,
Mahlon

Back