What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Color Pirep for Western NC ?

Jim,
I'm down in Orlando for work for the next 5 days so I can't help a lot. I noticed color changes from the car when Di and I got home from out west this past Sunday.

The flying weather has been total bilgewater in WNC for the last week so the info will probably be out and about this coming weekend when folks get out to fly.

Last edited:
Colors are getting nice. Poplars are yellow but oaks are just starting to turn. Not at peak now but I would guess in a week or so. A lot of rain lately so some leaves have fallen off. Nice weekend coming up.

Just got back from there

I just landed about an hour ago from a hop over there. Flew up over KSPA then west as I got to the mountains. Went near Franklin and Jackson County, Brevard, etc. and stopped at KSPA for SS fuel @5.12/ gal. Colors are getting nice, but I don't think they are at peak yet. A week ago, I flew over Waynesville and only the peaks had changed. Still it was nice! 😳

We will be at the Pisgah Inn Sunday and Monday. Made reservation a year ago. It was our best wag.

We will be running the BlueRidge Parkway (by air)from Mt.Airy south and around Grandfather mountain and Mt Mitchell on Sunday AM. Hope to see some fellow RVers out and about.

We will be at the Pisgah Inn Sunday and Monday. Made reservation a year ago. It was our best wag.

I love that restaurant. The view is outstanding and the food is tasty and cheap.
Di and I usually ride my antique beemer up there. Highway 151 is a nice twisty.

I'll be at my home on mile marker 256 of the Blue Ridge Parkway the 24th - 27th. If I can I'll post some photos.

Today I flew from the Greenville, SC area to Crossville, TN and back.

The colors are not at their peak yet. In fact, in SC, they really are just starting to change and in the Crossville area they were muted.

I would say to give it another week and check back.

Making Pisgah Inn Reservations

Btw...anyone interested in making reservations next year at the inn, reservations can be made no earlier than 366 days in advance. So you need to book now for next year at this time.

Not peaked here in East TN yet either. Strange thing is that the lower elevations are turning faster than the higher. Weird!

Last weekend just Northeast of Asheville flying over the hill and one from my deck in Elizabethton TN.

33opdex.jpg

6s9qau.jpg

This Thread.......

Needs more pictures!!! We are just passing peak in America's Favorite Twin Cities..... good excuse to fly both days this weekend.

IMG_20141019_174536085.jpg

Spent Weekend in Asheville?.

Just starting to turn from what we could tell. We were shopping for real estate so we took the convertible instead of RV. I expect it will approach peak within the next 10 days. It was a great weekend with awesome Wx. You can't go wrong anytime you go.

Just starting to turn from what we could tell. We were shopping for real estate so we took the convertible instead of RV. I expect it will approach peak within the next 10 days. It was a great weekend with awesome Wx. You can't go wrong anytime you go.

The staff at the Pisgah Inn are guestimating the same. The inn closes down for the season on 1 Nov.

Back