What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cleaning supplies on long trips?

gfb

Well Known Member
I have a 4-week trip coming up in my 9A and am a bit weight limited. Wondering what people have done for cleaning supplies.

I generally use Plane Perfect spray cleaners for wings/canopy but they tend to leak if I fly with them, so I'm unlikely to take those. I was thinking some form of individual moist towelette? Are any made for airplane wing/bugs or canopy cleaning?

i put my sprayer into a larger plastic container and that contains the leaks. Make sure that your microfiber or whatever is sealed in a baggie!

I should clarify, I am not just weight limited but space limited, so unfortunately cannot take a large plastic container.

Simple Green , Plexus or you favorite canopy cleaner in aerosol can, microfiber 2x2.

Just something to take the bugs off the front of the canopy for us. We clean once back home.

I carry my favorite plexiglass cleaner and micro fiber cloths. I sometimes have whatever cleaner I like at the time. Typically water works as well as anything so just a micro fiber cloth and a little of my drinking water works.

In the summer after an overnight stop outside, the airplane typically has dew on it. The dew and micro fiber cloth will clean the entire airplane. Wring out the rag also keeps its weight down for transport.

I put my stuff in a ziplock plastic baggie. And a rag--and old T shirt is perfect. Or a roll of paper towels. Neither takes up hardly any room. If you use any kind of bottle, first "burp" it before you go up to altitude. (Squeeze some air out, then screw the top on tight) (If its new, remove some of the liquid out first, so you can squeeze without the liquid flowing out the top) (I once landed in Dubai---had shampoo in my suitcase---when I got to the hotel, my suitcase was shampoo everywhere, thus why I now burp this stuff):(

Last edited:
Microfiber towel and a small bottle/tube of your favorite canopy cleaner.
Microfiber towel and locally sourced water to get the bugs off.

If you truly feel the need for some sort of moist towelette, I think they sell lemon pledge wipes in flat pack towelette form.

Back