What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Source for Akso Primer in Tampa Bay area

carlrai

Well Known Member
Mail order for 2 gallons of Epoxy primer/catalyst has for me, proven to be impossible for UPS with one lost in shipment and another received with dented cans and missing nearly half the primer, not to mention the mess involved with cleaning it all up.

Anyone know if any sources of Akso Epoxy primer in the Tampa Bay area?

Thanks

Mail order for 2 gallons of Epoxy primer/catalyst has for me, proven to be impossible for UPS with one lost in shipment and another received with dented cans and missing nearly half the primer, not to mention the mess involved with cleaning it all up.

Anyone know if any sources of Akso Epoxy primer in the Tampa Bay area?

Thanks

Tried ordering from Spruce yet? They are just in Georgia so maybe UPS could handle that short of a run. UPS has also managed to jack one of my Akzo shipments before too.

P.S. Nice airport you're on, I got my PPL at KLAL and used to fly to KZPH on a weekly basis it seemed.

They were the source of frustration.

Tried ordering from Spruce yet? They are just in Georgia so maybe UPS could handle that short of a run. UPS has also managed to jack one of my Akzo shipments before too.

P.S. Nice airport you're on, I got my PPL at KLAL and used to fly to KZPH on a weekly basis it seemed.

Spruce was the source that hasn't learned how to pack gallon cans. That's why I'm looking for another source.

UPS managed to lose my first shipment. Aircraft Spruce was great resolving the issue.

Yes they resolved my first lost shipment without question. Good customer service.
Then UPS managed to drop kick the replacement. Poorly packaged and lost half a gallon in a gooey mess in the box.

Thanks

Graco quoted me the two gallon kit just recently I think you can have it from them still.

Good info, thanks.

Which primer did you specify?
I'd really like the 463-12-8 primer and CA-116 Curing agent. Don't see that listed on their cut sheet.

Login or register with their new web site then email for a quote they should send the quote in a business day or two. Give them those exact part numbers numbers easy done. Those are what I use. I recently primed some parts with three+ year old Akzo and it cured a lot slower so I?m going to buy a fresh batch.

Great Idea Mike

yeah, it sucks that Graco decided to cut off the small orders. They had really nice packaging.

It looks like there is a distributor in Lake City, FL.
https://aerospace.akzonobel.com/distributors

Good luck!

Yup, checked with them and they not only have in stock but for considerably less than ACS.
Will pick up next week. 45 min flight. Courtesy car or Uber to pick it up. 45 min back.
Should be a nice morning.

Take care.

Last edited:
Back