What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need a BFR

carlrai

Well Known Member
Looking for a CFI to do a BFR in the Tampa Bay area. Preferably on the Tampa side.

Really don't want to do it in a C172, preferring to do it in my 9A.

Appreciate any ideas from the community.

Thanks!

Hey Carl.

RONSIM on this forum is based at KCLW with his RV6A.
You can send him a PM. He's in the hangar right across from me on RV Alley.
He's good at monitoring the forum and may reach out to you.

Clearwater- Perfect

Hey Carl.

RONSIM on this forum is based at KCLW with his RV6A.
You can send him a PM. He's in the hangar right across from me on RV Alley.
He's good at monitoring the forum and may reach out to you.

Thanks Dan!
Ron contacted me via PM. Sent note back and waiting for his response.

How are you and Nan? No TT this year? They're having perfect weather and I'm sitting in my garage working on a 14 wing. :-(

Last edited:
Thanks Dan!
Ron contacted me via PM. Sent note back and waiting for his response.

How are you and Nan? No TT this year? They're having perfect weather and I'm sitting in my garage working on a 14 wing. :-(

Sorry to hear you're missing TT. I know that's your favorite.

We're doing well & heading out on a med cruise on the 19th. Then, I'll be deploying to the Bahamas to help out. I'm tasked to work in the Abacos with Team Rubicon. I'm also on the wait list to fly supplies out with solrelief.org out of Albert Whitted.
It's so sad to see the islands with that destruction.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear you're missing TT. I know that's your favorite.

We're doing well & heading out on a med cruise on the 19th. Then, I'll be deploying to the Bahamas to help out. I'm tasked to work in the Abacos with Team Rubicon. I'm also on the wait list to fly supplies out with solrelief.org out of Albert Whitted.
It's so sad to see the islands with that destruction.

You're a good man Dan.
Can't really carry much but every bit helps.
Have they waved customs docs and other bureaucracy for these flights? Current sticker, etc?

You're a good man Dan.
Can't really carry much but every bit helps.
Have they waved customs docs and other bureaucracy for these flights? Current sticker, etc?

Not sure about the fees. I'm assuming they're waived. Right now, the 2 islands are restricted by the Bahamians and a discrete squawk code is needed. The registration by the agencies is very painful. There's a 10k fined imposed if you bust it.:eek:

I'll be sure to post anything once I'm able.

Back