What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Should have instructed wife......

bret

Well Known Member
So I have been wiring the intercom and radio stuff for a while and I am finally done, so I needed a test, found the hand held paired up a frequency and went back into the house and said here, listen to this and check if you can here me, go back into garage, get in plane and transmit (4 Romeo Tango radio check ) and then I hear over my head set: (this is sexy beast come in! ) Geez! climb out of the plane as fast as I can, run back into the house and start yelling HEY HEY! stop! this is a live aircraft frequency! I ca romba, I should have explained a little more detail what I needed, but hey, at least the radio works!

Why? What's wrong with those two Chanel's? O and if anyone is curios, well I was anyway, after receiving a letter from NOAA confirming my Kannad 406 registration, I performed the top of the hour (ON) test for 4 seconds and no phone calls or SWAT!

Radio Check

That's funny !! Knowing a lot of pilots, it surprises me that you didn't get a dozen replies, no matter what frequency you were on. LOL

I'd climb out fast and run into the house too, but certainly not to clarify what shouldn't be said on the radio...;)

rightrudder said:
So what happened next?

She started laughing, thought it was funny. That's my honey....not much I can say, she hates planes and flying so any help I get on the project is greatly appreciated. :rolleyes:
Uhhh. Yea. Not thinking we're all on the same frequency here.

Last edited:
It's great to find out that you've wired it correctly and it works. I first tried my radio in the garage, sitting in my wingless fuselage at about 10 p.m. I dialed up the local practice frequency and made a "radio check" call, not really expecting to hear anything back. But there was a guy tooling around overhead who heard it and responded.

It's great to find out that you've wired it correctly and it works. I first tried my radio in the garage, sitting in my wingless fuselage at about 10 p.m. I dialed up the local practice frequency and made a "radio check" call, not really expecting to hear anything back. But there was a guy tooling around overhead who heard it and responded.

COOL! so let me know when your flying over Gardnerville and I'll say hi! from my wingless fuse in my garage. but not too late, 10:00 is past my bed time :rolleyes:

Back