What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

first flight RV-10

Larkrv10

Finally, after 6+ years and 5000 man hours, RV10 #40956 (C-GDMH) flew it's first flight today.
Many people to thank for all the help and guidance. Bill Peyton, Ray Doerr, Ivan Kristensen, Art Penner just to name a few. Many other non fliers also to be thanked. And last but certainly not the least, my spouse Sandra.

Flew about 45 minutes with only one squawk (RPM's were higher than 2700 on take off) out of CYHS (Hanover, Ont).

Looking forward to many more flights.

Rick
Southampton, Ont

providing us all encouragement...

For all us enroute to completing a 10, so cool to hear another success story, congrats and happy flying. A bit tense pulling back on the stick to go airborne, but what a great moment when flying...Well done!

Rick,

Congratulations on your RV-10 first flight milestone!! Worth it! Enjoy it! Share it! Please post pics/video when possible. Motivation for the rest of us!

I remember the conversations both of us had through emails about reinforcing the top part of the inboard most area on both tanks to take care of accidental stepping on that area. I copied it from you and I did it for my tanks as well. Why am I referencing this?...because that is the first thing that came to my mind when I saw your post saying that you had your first flight.

Also, I learnt so much from this forum...and copying (from this forum and other informative RV-10 websites and individuals)...don't have to reinvent the wheel. Thanks Doug R!

vj

Congrats on the first flight! Post some pics so the rest of us can drool over an actual flying machine!

Back