What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aerosport Quadrant and center console

UnPossible

Well Known Member
Hey - I am in the process of fitting the Aerosport quadrant and center console and I am running into a problem.

The control cables have to run aft on top of the center tunnel lid until they are aft of the fuel selector. Then they bend up to attach to the quadrant arms.

I am having trouble with the angle being too steep. The control cables are dragging/ binding a bit because of the the excessive angle.

I am thinking about drilling new holes on the quadrant arm a bit lower to reduce the angle, however this would result in less travel at the servo.... which will likely lead to needing to drill new holes on the servo arms a bit closer to the pivot point.

It looks like there is plenty of length of the mixture and throttle arms to drill a new hole a bit further down (i.e. shorter arm)... which should put my geometry back in harmony.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has run into the problem and if there is another solution I haven't thought of yet.

Thanks,
Jason

Same here. Cut the tunnel lid. I put a reinforcement plate across to top too.
I don’t think lowering the holes in the quadrant levers would help enough and also cause more complications getting your throws right.

C027BC3C-8B2B-4ECF-9AF1-E09B3432AA75.jpg

Attachments

• 82C8C3A1-5E13-4687-B78F-AB014727F34C.jpeg
    82C8C3A1-5E13-4687-B78F-AB014727F34C.jpeg
    121.4 KB · Views: 208
Curious, does cutting a hole in the tunnel lid cause any changes to temperature management inside the tunnel?

Tunnel access for annual cond inspections???

Yes I think this is an issue.
I have access panels on the side for the pump, but that is of no use for the pushrods, fuel selector, flap motor etc. I haven't done an annual on a 10, but I assume it can't be done properly without removing the entire tunnel lid?

With this in mind, I wired up my centre console with 2 big plugs so the whole thing can come out in order to get the tunnel lid(s) off.

As for the heat question, I'm not sure yet. I think that is a whole other issue to do with the heater valves and bypass on the firewall.

Thanks for the suggestions. It took all day, but I was able to get the control cables to move from stop to stop freely by running them under the tunnel cover. (Note I will use rubber grommets where the cables go under the cover during final installation).

Back