What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ICOM A220 bracket

hcccs

Well Known Member
Do the ICOM A200 and A220 have the same bracket. I want to replace my A200 and I thought it was just a question of pulling the A200 and slide in the A220. Is that how it can be done?

I could be wrong. But, I think the IC-A200 uses a Molex edge connector. The IC-A220 uses a Dsub connector. And, I also think the wiring is just a little bit different.

To add one more twist to this. I know the A200 and A213 have the same connector and same wiring config. I've slid a A200 into my A213 tray and plug and play while the A 213 was sent for repairs. I also am aware the there is a connector adapter for making a A 213 Edge type connected board adapt to the Sub D connection method for the A 220. ( not ALL A220 are sub D ) It is part numbered under Icom accessories. I believe it mounts into the backplate in the rear of the A213 tray. I have never tried this but thought you might work something out with this info. Please do a close look at the wiring diagram especially for Power and ground before plugging in. FYI , Best of luck

Back