What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Amateur-Built Fabrication and Assembly Checklist (2011)

dmattmul

Well Known Member
When I finished my 14 I had to fill this out and was a little bit of a PITA. I did not have to do this back in 2016 for a fairly simple pop rivet airframe. I was told I did not need to since the airframe was already on the (See below)

REVISED LISTING OF AMATEUR-BUILT AIRCRAFT KITS
Updated on: February 12, 2018
The following is a revised listing of aircraft kits that have been evaluated and found eligible in meeting the
“major portion” requirement of Title 14, Code of Federal Regulations (14 CFR) Part 21, Certification
Procedures for Products and Parts, specifically, § 21.191(g)

The issue is the 14 is on this list and was told I need to submit this. What is your experience filling out:

Advisory Circular (AC) 20-27G, Certification and Operation of Amateur-Built Aircraft.

Do we need to fill this out? (Mel??)

Checklist

Since your plane is on the approved list it is not needed unless you recieved commercial assistance

Like Vern says, If your aircraft is on the FAA approved kit list, you only need to use the list if you received commercial assistance.

Thanks !!

Appreciate the feed-back. I'm going to assume panel building and hose assemblies would not count.

Appreciate the feed-back. I'm going to assume panel building and hose assemblies would not count.

You are correct; Instruments, engines, props, upholstery, paint, wheels & brakes, etc. do not count against the 51%.

Back