What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

N302RM is Airworthy!

MikeyDale

Well Known Member
2h8cl5l.jpg

It cost me a little more to get Mel Asberry down to West Texas but I wanted the best! Mel really knows his RV's and was a pleasure to deal with! I have a few minor Items to fix but nothing major. I am tied up the rest of the week with a wedding in the family but first flight should be early next week!

I started with this orphan project 2.25 years ago.
2n16geu.jpg

And turned it into this!
971gyq.jpg

It was basically in the quick build stage when I started and I have about 1900 hrs invested in her! Makes me really respect you guys that drove every rivet! I plan to change up the vinyl stripe a little after things settle down so I guess these things are never finished!

Enjoy

Congratulations. You passed the final exam, graduated building school and now the real fun starts.

Good Work

Hey Mike, great to see that you are airworthy! That's a pretty decent grin for this stage, can't wait to see the first flight version. Hope to see you in HBC at Oshkosh this year..

CONGRATS!

congratulations, Mike, looks really good. i've been following your build some online. i'm in lamesa so if you're looking for a place to fly, come on up! i'm building an rv-7 and flying a 6.

Fantastic news! Man that's a beautiful aeroplane, Mike. Good call hiring Mel. You're right: He really knows his RVs.

Congratulations Mike,
Sure does feel good doesnt it.. hope to see you at Oshkosh so start flying those hours off.

Mel even looks good in that picture...
Jack

Thanks everybody! Dust cropper, PM me your phone number and I will fly up there and look at your project.

Back