What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flap switch

rockitdoc

Well Known Member
Sponsor
Im thinking (mom) on-off-(mom) on for my flaps switch. However, can i make this work with a system set up to position the flaps at specific angles? Im using VP/X and Dynon EFIS. In other words, if i just hit the mom on andnot hold it there, will flaps deploy to first position, then go to second position when the switch is tapped again?

I have the Show Planes flap positioned system and that is how it works. Push momentary down and get each successive flap position each time you tap the momentary down. Hit up and flaps travel all the way up and stops and you can reposition the switch to center off when you get around to it.

Im thinking (mom) on-off-(mom) on for my flaps switch. However, can i make this work with a system set up to position the flaps at specific angles? Im using VP/X and Dynon EFIS. In other words, if i just hit the mom on andnot hold it there, will flaps deploy to first position, then go to second position when the switch is tapped again?

Yup. The VP-X allows for this when you set it up.

I have the Show Planes flap positioned system and that is how it works. Push momentary down and get each successive flap position each time you tap the momentary down. Hit up and flaps travel all the way up and stops and you can reposition the switch to center off when you get around to it.

Sorry to briefly divert thread...

My plane has a 3-position rocker switch already installed on the panel....momentary up - center off - momentary down. No position sensor, I use a three-count for deploying flaps to the three positions I use.

If I install a Show Planes Flap Position Sensor...
  • Can I just continue to use my existing 3-position momentary center-off rocker switch?
  • Will the control box mount within the flap motor enclosure?

Thanks...

Last edited:
Back