What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Van’s Airforce Data Plate

rv4ross

Friend
Does any one know if the Van’s Airforce Data Plates are still available. I had one for about 8 years just waiting for the day that I would be able to engrave and install it. Well I screwed it up so need another one.

Ross Scroggs
Locust Grove, GA.
RV 4 #3911
N235RM

Hi Ross,
Is this what you are trying to find? I have one still in original packaging. Make a donation to Doug, and I’ll toss it in the mail. PM your info.

Attachments

• E359469D-1C85-4725-88E0-FC08EE450594.jpg
    E359469D-1C85-4725-88E0-FC08EE450594.jpg
    288.3 KB · Views: 152
Engravers

I used Aircraft Engravers for the first plate and they did a good job, just need to remember to send the correct info, next time.

Ross Scroggs

I had one on order from Van's early last summer but they didn't have them in stock. And at that time, they didn't know when their supplier (manufacturer?) would have more (you know, supply chain and staffing issues and the supplier). Van's stayed in touch with, but could only offer "we're not sure" regarding a delivery. Well, I needed one (just one more item to check off the list prior to a DAR inspection), so I ended up getting one from EAA's webstore and had it engraved locally. I cancelled the order from Van's.

So ...... they were available from EAA.

I did, too, but couldn't get one. So I ordered the EAA version. Now I like it, simpler and smaller. Has all the 'required' data on it.

Back