What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon plate question

Italiancowboy

Is there any way to show an approach plate “direction of travel” up vs “North” up ?

I know how to do that on the moving map but can’t figure it out for a Plate.

Is there any way to show an approach plate “direction of travel” up vs “North” up ?

Not that I’m aware of……

I think that’s intentional due to all that other important text needs to be right side up. :D

How do you then read the text? Kind of an important thing to do. Not dogging the method, just trying to understand as I hate it when things are track up.

Out of the HDX Pilot’s User Guide

Many aspects of the moving map's appearance can be configured or modified using the MENU > MAP SETUP menu.

The following section describes the various map features and behaviors that can be adjusted through this menu.

• MAP MODE:

MAP MODE – Use this setting to specify when the map is displayed in “Track Up” vs. “North Up” orientations.

WITH CHART – Use this setting to specify whether the map is displayed in “Track Up” vs. “North Up” orientation on a Geo-referenced chart when enroute charts are being displayed. Some pilots choose to keep this in North Up to preserve chart text legibility.

It says it will only rotate the enroute charts, not approach plates.

Reference: Revision G page 5-33

Brian

Back