What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Insurance

Rayh

I recently starting keeping my RV at a 1500' private strip on a farm and my insurance is coming due for renewal.
How do those of you that base their RV at a similar strip list it on the insurance policy?
How does it affect the rates?
Thanks

Airplanes home base airport is always one of the info items requested for underwriting, so I imagine it can have some impact on on the premium but I don't know to what extent.
What I do know is that you probably don't want to hide that fact... the form you provide that info on generally has a statement regarding you are certifying that the info provide is true and correct. If you ever made a claim for an accident that occurred at your strip you could find your self in a position where the Underwriter could / would deny your claim.

I don't plan on hiding anything from my insurance Co. I was just looking for others experiences on how their insurance broker/Co handled this since on the application it asks for airport identifier that the plane is based. I plan on discussing it with my broker tomorrow. Thanks for the input.

Back