What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Airshow Opening Maneuvers

bobmarkert

Well Known Member
After flying on the Rocky Mountain Renegade Airshow team for the past 10 years it’s time to retire and reclaim my summers. My final show will be at Loveland Ft Collins airport 9KFNL) Oct 15-16. The Blue Angels are also performing. An endeavor like this takes a tremendous amount of time (and 100LL) and leaves scares time for things like vacations etc etc. The talent and dedication of the guys on the team has left me in awe and feeling humbled to be associated with them. Here are the first two opening maneuvers, a 6 ship Fleur de Lis to a joust-1/2 Cuban-joust flown against Chris Murphy. The separation on the joust is about 30 feet but it looks further due to the wide angle lens. Our practice runway is 60" wide (KLIC). Chris is on the centerline and I'm on the edge….. 30’ apart. Our wingspan combined toward each other is approx. 40' ……. If we didn't knife-edge at the pass it could get interesting!!!

Here's the link
https://youtu.be/jgxmQFUo9wo

Last edited:
"Rolls around the Smoke

Here is the “Rolls around the smoke”. I’m inverted, Chris Murphy is on the wing and Steve Bergevin is in trail rolling around the smoke trail. Again the wide angle lens make it look like Chris is out but trust me, he’s tucked right in!

Here's the link
https://youtu.be/2xasdKXVbT8

Bob, That's some amazing 360° video and flying! Thanks for sharing it, I hope to see the team perform some day.

wow :eek:
Very impressive, the joust crossings are just breathtaking. Congrats to the whole team (pity you're on another continent..), and enjoy your coming summers :)

And thanks for sharing!

Excited to see you guys at the Loveland show. I'll be out there Saturday. Hopefully, I'll have an RV-3 here in a couple of months and can go flying with you guys. I've got my big tire bush plane buddies and my WW1 biplane friends, but I'll need some more RV friends as well.

Congrats "Wizard". I enjoyed your wry humor and steady flying skills while I flew with the Renegades years ago. I also remember you as a great spokesperson at ALS and you may have another career out there :)

Now it's time to add a wing thing and get that Pitts S2B for more inverted flight and increased pressure to the cranial cavity.

Take care my friend,

Hans "Cobra" Miesler

Back