What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Plan Error Question

Stockmanreef

Well Known Member
Do people email Van's when they find errors in the plans? and If so, will they make corrections.

I am working on the flaps and I think that I found an error in a picture:

I had to look at this for a while to determine that the picture is not reality. The picture suggests that the rib and the nose would be riveted together. In fact the nose piece is inset. The picture should show a row of holes for the ribs and the nose piece shifted into the skin area.

The picture is the same in the revised plans on the Van's site.

I'm not sure I understand your explanation. Can you mark on the picture the problem you are referring to?

I only see the young woman nothing else.

To the OP's question, you can discuss with Vans and see if <something> is in error, and sometimes they will correct it. I know of many things that have not been corrected and frequently get repeated here on VAF.

Considering the 14 is new, and a current focus, they would probably want to know, but don't be disappointed if nothing changes.

Hopefully you can see from the pictures what I mean. In the drawing it is clear that the flanges from the rib and the nose rib would be riveted together on the spar. In the pictures above, the rib is riveted separately front the nose rib.

Unless I assembled incorrectly and misinterpreted the plans.

Does this make more sense?

In case anyone is reading this and it does not make sense.

The original picture from Vans was not correct and the OP did catch the issue.

The plans are currently on Rev 2 for page 21-12 and the picture has been corrected, so this is no longer an issue.

Back