What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

FWF Video

jswareiv

Well Known Member
Scott,

The videos you did on the canopy fiberglassing were fantastic and very helpful. Can you please do a video with the cowling off and show the different firewall penetrations and other parts of the FWF? 10-15 minutes would be great. It would probably save tech support from having to answer a lot of questions. The plans are great, but seeing it "live" is a great help. Thanks.

I WANT ONE !

Scott,

The videos you did on the canopy fiberglassing were fantastic and very helpful.

I'm in the dark here. :confused: Please, who is Scott and where can I get my eyes on a copy of the fiberglassing video? :). It sounds like a video that could get my stalled (scared of fiberglassing) project going again. I've studied all the still pictures out there but moving pictures are a lot better. :p I've been using every excuse possible ( too hot, too cold, too dark, too sunny, you get it.) to avoid this stage of my build. :eek:

They are in the support area

Scott is the ubiquitous rvbuilder2002 (whose opinions are always his own and not those of his employer). A very helpful Van's employee with great insight.

The videos are in the RV-14 support area of the Vans site.

(Go to Support tab -> Service Information/Revisions -> RV-14/14A)

I'm nowhere near the fiberglass stage, but I found them very informative.

Pat

I'm in the dark here. :confused: Please, who is Scott and where can I get my eyes on a copy of the fiberglassing video? :). It sounds like a video that could get my stalled (scared of fiberglassing) project going again. I've studied all the still pictures out there but moving pictures are a lot better. :p I've been using every excuse possible ( too hot, too cold, too dark, too sunny, you get it.) to avoid this stage of my build. :eek:

Couldn't finish without this site.

Scott is the ubiquitous rvbuilder2002 (whose opinions are always his own and not those of his employer). A very helpful Van's employee with great insight.

The videos are in the RV-14 support area of the Vans site.

(Go to Support tab -> Service Information/Revisions -> RV-14/14A)

I'm nowhere near the fiberglass stage, but I found them very informative.

Pat

Thank you Pat :)
Maybe after watching these videos I can muster enough courage to start mixing resin. And the videos are free to boot. You've made my day!:D

360° RV-14 FWF

This 360° video helped me a lot. Takes a bit of time to load, then you just grab it and move it with your mouse. Touch Shift and Control to move in and out. There are probably other tricks to moving it that are not apparent to me. Seems to be created with Object2VR but even on their website I could not find hints on how to use it.

https://www.vansaircraft.com/faq/rv-14-firewall-forward-360-view/

Last edited:
Back