What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Purchased my RV14A Empennage Kit

chaliboy

I'm New Here
Hello Everyone,

I've been lurking around this forum for years, fascinated with the idea of building a Vans Aircraft. Thanks to the pandemic, I have had the time to re-visit this dream of plane building, it's not an idea anymore. I recently purchased the Empennage for an RV14A.

I am taking it a step further. Not only are the Wife and Son onboard to helping with the Build. I've also solicited my Son's baseball team to pitch in...

I have limited it to 5 people, only because I am also in the learning process and want to make sure I can handle the Student to Student Ratio :)

I hope to inspire some of these young adults and provide them with a journey
of a lifetime. Not to mention the ride of a lifetime for me.

Hoping to document and video tape to share the process. Both the good and the bad.

I look forward to being a part of this Group.

Let the Building begin !!!

Carlos Concepcion
Builder #140784

Carlos,
Welcome to the madness. Enjoy every moment, looking back even the rough times are a memorable part of the process.

Enjoy

Congrats Carlos - if you're anywhere near NE Florida I'm happy to help out any way I can. Lots of good resources. VAF is the go-to, with blogs and Facebook (excellent RV-14 group) as well.

Thank you to all.

I'm in Ft. Lauderdale and will definitely be reaching
out to this forum when I see myself feeling a tad
overwhelmed.

Carlos

Congratulations. You will love this airplane for many reasons. The Quickbuild is a good way to go if you are a first time builder wanting to fly in a few months.
I have 270 hours of travel on mine, 100% satisfied.

Congratulations Carlos! I built an RV-7A and loved the process so much, that I'm now building a 14A. I'm working on the empennage as well. You'll love it and the education you will receive while building it will match no other.

Hey Carlos,

Welcome and congrats on getting started. I have a -14A at KISM which is currently in Phase 1. You're very welcome to come by and check it out.

Back