What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 N62DN Flies in Virginia

ddnebert

Well Known Member
On Thursday August 12, 2010 between passing showers at Manassas Airport KHEF (VA) my 4-1/2-year-long building project became an airplane. I flew around the pattern, with one circuit over-flight and made a beautiful landing with the nosewheel held off the ground. The plane tends to bank left if I let go the stick so have since applied a temporary wedge on the right aileron bottom. Otherwise it flies well.

I have an O-540-B4B5 engine with a Hartzell HCC2YK-1BF prop hub, F8468A-3R blades, and an H-1 governor and they seem to all work well together. Chasing a small oil leak around the start of the oil cooler feed hose.

liftoff_2.jpg

rv_grin2.jpg

Congratulations, Doug...

....Soon, you'll see what all the RV-10 hoopla is all about:)

Is it worth it?? Absolutely.

Best,

Congrats!

Congratulations on your RV-10 first flight! Even I'm grinning from this one.

I'm very pleased to see a RV-10 in the Manassas area since I'll be moving there next fall (relocating from Ft. Monmouth to Ft. Belvoir). My tail kit purchase has been put on hold until we move to VA. I'm currently looking for 5-10 acres of land in Manassas, Nokesville, or Stafford. My wife and I stopped to check out airports during our last house hunting trip. Manassas and Shannon are nice airports!

Maybe we can meet one of these days.

Back