What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What percentage of your RV10 wing kit is final size?

RVFan671

Well Known Member
For those who have taken delivery in the last 4 to 6 weeks of a wing kit do you mind sharing approximately what % of your parts are final size (no orange highlighter/marker on the part barcode = final sized)?

Not what you asked, but the data might help you... I just finished inventory of my fuse kit about 2 weeks ago, and have not started it yet... (I've a few weeks to finish the wings yet.)

Roughly, I've got about 1/3 of the parts with orange marks, that are undersized holes, and 2/3 of the parts that have no orange, and look to be final sized holes.

Hope it helps,
Lance

Not wings but fuse kit received 2 weeks back and I have about 70% parts without orange highlighter on them. ~30% still needs to be match drilled.

Just finished inventory of my SB wing kit that arrived about two weeks ago. Most skins have orange marks = not final sized. I was surprised to see so many orange marks for a kit that was crated in late Feb of this year. Manufacturing dates on parts mostly 2019-2020. I’m not convinced that final sized holes would save a considerable amount of time anyway unless every part (including substructures) had them. I’ll keep my reamers handy.

Back