What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

DynonHDX, missing Audio callouts, random?

flytoday

Well Known Member
New user of two HDX displays, a 10” and a 7”, in my -7A. Very happy user, then audio callouts disappeared?!?

Flew new system for a few flights, over a few weeks. I’d get audio announcements for “Autopilot” (at engage), and “Autopilot disengage” when I disengaged A/P, and other HDX audio callouts. Cool, working great.

Then after 25 hours or so, those audio callouts stopped! Why? I went into setup on the 10” and checked, and the Audio callouts all came out thru my headset. Hmmmm?

Anyway called Dynon support, got a voicemail back. Hint, which screen is “Master”?

Turns out only my 10” is wired to Audio Panel. Recently I had started booting the 7” first, on it’s backup battery, for checklists, prior to powering the Avionics Bus. Well, that boot first turned the 7”, without audio connections, into the “Master”, and it didn’t have a wire to the Audio Panel.

Moral of the story, boot the 10” first, or simo with the 7”, if Audio out is desired.

Lesson learned, tiny details to learn....

Carl

When audio call outs disappear on my flight deck I start to think maybe I’ve become “that Captain” Glad you figured it out Carl. :D

Carl we haven’t seen your new ride yet. How about a picture or two? Happy New Year!

AltonBay-4.jpg

Happy New Year Vlad and VAF

Hi Vlad,

Happy New Year, 2021!

My 1st try with “new” VAF photo posting. The yellow -6A is being replaced by a beautiful red -7A. Eager to learn the new panel and renew my IFR skills.

Carl

Attachments

• 1C9BABB8-ADF4-4119-8D85-7AE0A489422A.jpg
    1C9BABB8-ADF4-4119-8D85-7AE0A489422A.jpg
    434.2 KB · Views: 74
  • 384169EF-B1EA-40F4-BEDF-F1963382140B.jpg
    384169EF-B1EA-40F4-BEDF-F1963382140B.jpg
    308 KB · Views: 69
The SkyView install instructions say to wire both EFIS display audio outputs an audio panel unstitched input, in parallel.

Carl

Back