What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

engine montering system

dan carley

Well Known Member
right now I have a westach 4 in 1 gauge that I world like to replace it has a egt cht oil temp oil pressure in it. fits in a 3 1/4 hole. would like to replace it with something a little more modern with out spending a fortune. I have no room except the 3 1/4 hole.

any suggestions

thanks
dan carley

rv-4
n2275s

Eis

The JPI 700 series is not to expensive and works great. Not sure what your plane and engine model but you can't go wrong.

Try the Dynon D10 EMS. You can download the data to a spreadsheet, if you want. The others might do that as well, I don't know.

I would make a spreadsheet and compare the features of each and then order the one you want.

MGL Pirep

I am an MGL fan but the older units are simply not bright enough to meet expectations. I have the 2 1/4 egt/cht , g meter and a tach and find them functionally readable in an RV bubble but not comparable to EI commander, Ifly 740 and Vans steam gauges.

The Dynon D10 EMS is a full featured modern engine monitor that fits in a 3/18" hole and is $1,700.

Full monitoring of MAP, RPM, oil temp and pressure, EGT, CHT, fuel level, fuel pressure, fuel flow, full fuel computer, and way more. Fully programmable for alerts on any parameter including audio warnings.

http://www.dynonavionics.com/ems-d10.php

I have the MGL single in my current airplane and it is bullet proof. I love it. No issue in sunlight. Very economical, easy to use and it replaced I think 7 instruments in my panel (Hobbs, volts, RPM, egt, cht, oil press and temp). It keeps a log as well and you can set alarms for everything. It was easy to set up. A lot of capability for what I think was less than $300 when I bought it.

I have their fuel flow as well - also bullet proof. I will be buying one of their EFIS units for my next airplane based on that experience.

Back