What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flap motor operation: Motion versus Pittman

Rosie

Well Known Member
I have searched the archives and can't find the answer I'm looking for...my original (1998) Motion motor quit working this past weekend, and rather than wait for a brush kit, I removed the motor and installed a Pittman motor; I don't even remember how I came to have a Pittman on the shelf.

With the Motion motor, the motor would continue to run when reaching either full up or down position.

With the Pittman motor, the motor stops working when reaching full flaps down, but it will continue to run upon reaching full flaps up.

Is this normal? All I did was change the motor on my flap mechanism. :confused: Rosie

I have searched the archives and can't find the answer I'm looking for...my original (1998) Motion motor quit working this past weekend, and rather than wait for a brush kit, I removed the motor and installed a Pittman motor; I don't even remember how I came to have a Pittman on the shelf.

With the Motion motor, the motor would continue to run when reaching either full up or down position.

With the Pittman motor, the motor stops working when reaching full flaps down, but it will continue to run upon reaching full flaps up.

Is this normal? All I did was change the motor on my flap mechanism. :confused: Rosie

<completely useless comment>
Rosie, you know you aren't supposed to be having failures or monkeying with your airplane this late in the game! I similarly admonished Taco for scheduling a whole condition inspection sometime in the next 14 days...

The motor is just a motor. That seems like a different "issue" if it is magically turning itself off at the end of travel that it knows nothing of.

Finally figured out my problem....there is ONE screw in my flap box that is REAL short, and it was in the wrong hole; my flap linkage was binding on it at the bottom end...all is fine now :D Rosie

Last edited:
Back