What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New Canadian airport

Denok

Patron
At a time when it's more common to see GA airports closing, it's pleasing to be adding a substantial new airport. Neuville (CNV9) is located 12NM west of historic Qu?bec City, just 2nm outside the Qu?bec Intl control zone, and offers a newly laid 3000' tarmac, a 12000 sq. ft heated hangar for indoor parking, 100LL fuel tanks (with very competitive fuel prices) and many paved outdoor tie downs. The friendly folk at Neuville are now open for business and everyone is welcomed. The airport will be listed in the September edition of the Canada Flight supplement.:D
CNV9.jpg

A

Last edited:
That is good news , glad to see such things still happening. I'll have to mark this down and try to get there to visite.
Ron

wow

wow.
nice
i wil go see you next year.
I am just starting a flight club in moncton and it's already a big project. ( hangar for 12 aircraft)
Nice airport and really great location.
I don't think i will ever need again to go at cyqb

Lan Vinh Do
moncton

Lan, are you building on an existing airfield or building it from the ground up?

@ Denok,
Thx for the pic of Neuville btw ;)

CYQM

Hi
We are building at Moncton Airport just near the transport canada building.
We have been out of 2 hangar in the last 2 years ( change of hangar vocation and increase from 350 a month to 1500 a month!!)
So we decided that we want to own our hangar.
We started the Moncton Aero Club Inc. ( non profit organization) and we are building a hangar for 12 aircraft. Everybody buy his aircraft spot ( no profit, just the price of the construction divided by 12) and after this there is the condo fee for the rental of the land, insurance, heat, etc.
I hope that this will bring a new life to general aviation in moncton, more social activities for all familiy and bring interest in aviation to a new generation of pilot.

It's insulated, infloor heat

the construction begin in the next 2-3 week.

There is still one spot avalable in this ( co-op ) project. Anybody interested, let me know

there is some picture of the project, On the satellite image, we will be on the empty apron, near the begining of runway 29.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lanvinhdo/MonctonAeroClub?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Lan Vinh Do

Lan, that sounds like a great project. I might be heading to Moncton this weekend for my first time in the RV-10. Any chance you are arround this weekend for a quick visit?

visit

Hi Ron
Bad week-end. I will miss the stanley fly-in, I am on call all week-end 24h/24 at the hospital. If you come in moncton anyway, pm me and i will give you my contact info. If it's not to busy i may be able to meet you at the airport but can't be sure. I should go see you too one time.

If you want to avoid trouble, avoid this airport.

I recommend not to go to this airport. It's a dangerous airport facing strong opposition from residents with support from 5000 mayors from all around Canada (Neuville Mayor included), more than 20 political parties and associations. A petition of more than 2000 names have been presented to the parliamaent of Canada and a great manifestation gathered 600 hunded people strongly against this airport in this small Neuville village. The opposition is still growing stronger everyday.

the airport was built too near from many houses (one residence is only 200m from the runway, right in front of it, which make it dangerous for landings and takeoffs). It is built amid many corn fields, which make it dangerous for birds hasards. Residents fear lead emission from plane because many children live close to the runway. they fear risks of accidents and noise. They are also upset that a good agricultural land has been used without provincial consent (against provincial law). In fact this airport does not respect any provincial law nor municipal law... Which is strongly upseting the residents who are supposed to be protected by those laws.

See: http://www.neuvillois.com/

http://meteopolitique.com/plan/fich...ort-de-Neuville_dereglementation_aviation.htm

Neuville

Salut Neuville

''They are also upset that a good agricultural land has been used without provincial consent (against provincial law). In fact this airport does not respect any provincial law nor municipal law... Which is strongly upseting the residents who are supposed to be protected by those laws.''
---------------------------------------
With all due respect

I'm a little sensitive to this matter since I fly off a farm strip

Upset as they may be, they loss that right which they never had btw with the recent Supreme Court decision.They( Neuville airport promoters ) don't need to '''respect'' provincial/municipal law because if they did, there wouldn't be any airports in Canada...

Airports are federally regulated in Canada and as long as they meet these requirements , they 're fine

It doesn't excuse the location of the house just on short final to the runway though( The owner probably refuse to sale maybe ...)

BTW: I've been to Neuville and never had any problems whatsover..

My $0.02

Bruno

See: http://www.neuvillois.com/

Why? I don't follow. Is it controlled by some non-tax paying criminal organization? The website shows some short video clips of people and birds peacefully co-existing with air traffic in a beautiful setting. Someone with vision and commitment has spent a lot of money and hard work to build a portion of a national transportation system. Of course I have no idea what the text says. :rolleyes:

Bevan

PS, if the airport has to go, so should all the roads and houses in the area.

Bevan and Bruno, you've been trolled by one of the disgruntled neighbours who has somehow found this forum and created an account specifically to slam the airport. It's unlikely that they will return to the forum, now that they have said their piece. If they do come back, it's unlikely that they will participate in any form of reasonable discourse on the topic.

Yes, I now see that he/she just now joined this forum. It makes me wonder why a pro-flying forum was used to get try and get their message out. If anything, they've alerted a sleeping giant on the opposing side to a possible skirmish. Stranger things have happened I suppose.

I would encourage the local pilots to support this facility, in a way that the facility wants support. I don't know that there is fuel sales or any other business there at this point. And maybe its PPR anyway but T&G's for no other reason except that it's there might only serve to further aggravate the locals.

Bevan

Neuville

Hi Rob

If you take the time to look at my post again you will probably notice the tone in the response,I was well aware of who I was dealing with ..

These ''Tree Huggers'' type I just don't have any time for...They built their house right against the airport fence then complaint about the noise..

Me,Myself and I all over again..

Last week end I went to the private strip( CAA2 ) of the man who started the whole challenge against the Quebec Government and let me tell you, we own a lot to this man, he never gave up....

We need more like him

Bruno

Back